My MLM business and the personal development I’ve done as a part of it have definitely transformed my life. In the last 5 months I’ve made such a dramatic transformation that my self from 6 months ago probably would not believe it, had you told me then.
I have gone from serial entrepreneur to serious entrepreneur in just a few short months, after 8 years of dabbling at businesses on the side.
I finally realized that having a hobby of running businesses would never help me break free of my job. Running non-profit organizations from my home was not the solution to my challenges.
Here are some of the changes I’ve made –
- How I deal with stress. I don’t take stress and sleep with it.
- I no longer start my new day with stress that has been building for months or even years.
- How I deal with daily irritations. I used to allow these to escalate to anger. It is extremely rare that anything irritating escalates to anything more now. This is extremely liberating.
- How I talk with my family about things I don’t approve of. I can be firm, without getting upset.
- I never have a bad day, only a few challenging moments. (This is an affirmation I learned from Jeffery Combs, but it’s actually become true for me).
- I have learned the importance of thoughts. Brian Tracy says we can only focus on one thought, positive or negative. Our choice.
- By applying the last concept from Brian Tracy, I have dramatically changed my level of happiness and self esteem.
The last two points are so important, I would like to focus on them a little more. The transformation in who I am and in my personal relationships is truly remarkable. This is beginning to seep into to my business relationships and connections as well.
If you would like to grow an MLM business or become a successful entrepreneur, ongoing personal development is the only way to guarantee success. To exponentially grow your profit potential, you should be investing about 5% of your income, time and energy toward growth and personal development. This is about 8.4 hours per week, the equivalent of 2o minutes per day plus 6 hours at some point once, or 3 hours twice, per week. Most of us spend far more than that on entertainment. For a $40,000 per year earner, as I was, that is about $166.67 per month or $5.55 per day. I used to spend more than that every day on just coffee. When I calculated the numbers based on my adult life and income. I figured I was about $20,000-25,000 behind on this essential investment.
I will make this up over the next two years. If I had put the 8.4 hours I mentioned into personal development since the age of 18, that would equal nearly 10,000 hours of personal development and put me close to the level of extreme mastery. With an adult life span of 62 years from the age of 18 to 80, just twenty minutes per day would put you midway between the point of basic mastery (about 5,000 hours) and complete mastery(about 10,000 hours) for most subjects when you reach 80 years of age (around 7,521 hours).
Do you feel like this is worth 20 minutes per day? I believe it’s worth 8.4 hours per week, honestly.
Here’s an even better plan. If you did 8.4 hours per week from the time you are 16 years of age, missing on rare occasions due to emergency, you would reach complete mastery of personal development at around 41, my current age. How do you feel that kind of commitment would make your life different?
If you asked someone like Tony Robbins how much time and money he invested into his personal development, and what his assets are, as well as his level of happiness, I believe the answer would be very interesting. If your income has stagnated for years like mine did, you may be way behind on this. Don’t expect your income to catch up overnight…when you spend three hours reading a self help book that you paid twenty dollars for.
If your MLM business is not growing and producing the results you deserve, you should really take it up a notch with regard to your personal development.
I have made some of the strongest and most important business connections of the rest of my life over the last few months.
These are the key points of this transformation –
- You can focus on a positive or negative thought, not both. The negative will drain your energy and repel what you desire. The positive will give you energy and attract what you desire.
- Taking small, consistent steps leads to exponential growth. Don’t overwhelm yourself. It’s better to do something small and never miss. Read some personal development in your required area daily, even if just 15 minutes.
- Your results today are a manifestation of yesterdays beliefs. Change today’s beliefs to change tomorrows results. (I’ll give Jeffery Combs credit for this one too though I’ve heard similar thoughts from the Buddha and many other enlightened individuals).
- The Law of Cause and Effect is the foundation underlying everything. To change the effect, understand the cause.
I hope that you will take what I have learned about the value of personal development and transform your life. If you are an MLM business entrepreneur, I hope you will utilize this to transform your business as well, moving into long term relationships and massive profit rapidly.