Becoming an entrepreneur is a very exciting idea. Being able to do it from home is even better. It provides you the freedom to;
- Choose something you love doing.
- Be your own boss.
- Decide the hours you work.
- Write your own paycheck.
- Travel where and when you want.
- Work around family commitments.
- Gain a sense of purpose.
What could be better?
But before you jump in head first, here are some things to consider when deciding if a home based business is right for you.
The Key Attributes of a Successful Home Based Business Entrepreneur
Attitude and character determines success. Here are some of the key characteristics of most successful entrepreneurs, which you will need in order to succeed.
- Lots of energy and a superior work ethic
- Self Motivated, knowing what you are trying to achieve and WHY is crucial.
- Prepared to take risks
- Dedication and determination
- Be able to relate to all types of people in many different situations
- Effective decision making skills, you need to be able to make informed, wise decisions even under pressure
- Coachable, an ongoing commitment to learn and grow is essential
- And most of all Patience, without patience you won’t give the rest time to work
Some of the Skills Required to Succeed
While these are skills we often use in a daily lives they will often need to be further developed when it comes to running a home business.
- Time Management
- Monitoring (tasks, finances, inventory, work schedules and advertising campaigns)
- Know when to delegate (even without employees, outsourcing can allow you to focus on what you are best at)
Many of these are skills that can be learnt and developed over time. If you are committed to continual personal and professional development you will be amazed what you can achieve!